CARSON, Calif. — The New England Revolution fell to the LA Galaxy, 4-0, on Saturday night at Dignity Health Sports Park in their final friendly match of the preseason. Galaxy forward Kevin Cabral registered a brace, scoring goals in the 12th and 46th minutes. Dejan Joveljic extended the Galaxy’s lead to 3-0 in the 64th minute, before the hosts capped the scoring on an own goal six minutes later.
New England’s starting lineup featured two changes from last Saturday’s friendly against Los Angeles FC, with former Galaxy player Sebastian Lletget and 16-year-old Homegrown Player Noel Buck starting in place of midfielders Wilfrid Kaptoum and Arnór Traustason. Buck played 45 minutes in the start, while Lletget collected a 67-minute performance. Lletget is one of four former Galaxy players to suit up for New England in Saturday’s match, alongside midfielder Emmanuel Boateng and defenders A.J. DeLaGarza and Omar Gonzalez. Lletget, goalkeeper Brad Knighton, and midfielder Conor Presley each made their first appearances of the preseason on Saturday.
The Revolution begin the 2022 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League on Tuesday, Feb. 15 with a Round of 16 matchup against Haitian side Cavaly AS. Leg 2 is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 22. Both matches will be played at Gillette Stadium and kick off at 6:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports and TUDN. Single-game tickets for the 2022 MLS season and SCCL “Pay-as-We-Play” ticket packages are on sale now. Call 1-877-GET-REVS or email email@example.com to learn more.
- The Revolution fell to the LA Galaxy, 4-0, on Saturday night at Dignity Health Sports Park in New England’s final friendly match of the preseason.
- New England’s Starting XI featured two changes from last Saturday’s friendly at Los Angeles FC, with midfielders Noel Buck and Sebastian Lletget starting in place of Wilfrid Kaptoum and Arnór Traustason.
- Lletget, goalkeeper Brad Knighton, and midfielder Connor Presley registered their first appearances of the preseason in Saturday’s friendly. Knighton entered the match as a halftime substitute, while Lletget, who joined the Revolution via trade with the Galaxy during the offseason, started and played 67 minutes.
- Buck, a 16-year-old Homegrown Player from Arlington, Mass., played 45 minutes in the start. All three of New England’s Homegrown Players appeared in Saturday’s friendly, as Justin Rennicks (South Hamilton, Mass.) and Damian Rivera (Cranston, Rhode Island) entered as substitutes in the second half.
- Goalkeeper Earl Edwards Jr. logged his second consecutive start in net for New England in the friendly.
New England Revolution 0, LA Galaxy 4
February 5, 2022 – Dignity Health Sports Park (Carson, Calif.)
Weather: 60 degrees and clear
LA – Kevin Cabral (Javier Hernandez) 12’
LA – Kevin Cabral (Julián Araujo) 46’
LA – Dejan Joveljic (Sacha Kljestan) 64’
LA – Own Goal 70’
NE – Matt Polster (Yellow Card) 60’
New England Revolution (1st Half): Earl Edwards Jr.; DeJuan Jones, Andrew Farrell, Omar Gonzalez, Brandon Bye; Matt Polster, Noel Buck, Carles Gil ©, Sebastian Lletget; Gustavo Bou, Adam Buksa
New England Revolution (2nd Half): Brad Knighton; DeJuan Jones (Ryan Spaulding* 67’), Andrew Farrell (A.J. DeLaGarza 67’), Omar Gonzalez (Jon Bell 61’), Brandon Bye (Connor Presley* 67’); Matt Polster (Wilfrid Kaptoum 61’), Arnór Traustason, Carles Gil © (Damian Rivera 67’), Sebastian Lletget (Emmanuel Boateng 67’); Gustavo Bou (Juan Agudelo^ 61’), Adam Buksa (Justin Rennicks 67’)
* = Revolution II player
^ = Trialist