FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution II (2-2-1, 7 pts.) will travel south to face Richmond Kickers (2-2-1, 7 pts.) on Saturday night, the first of three straight road matches for the club. The USL League One contest is slated to kick off at 6:30 p.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+.
Revolution II is unbeaten in its last two matches, coming off a 1-0 victory over Fort Lauderdale CF at Gillette Stadium last Friday night. Defender Pierre Cayet scored his first career goal in just his second appearance since signing with the club, heading home a cross off a free kick from midfielder Jake Rozhansky. The game-winning assist was Rozhansky’s first helper with New England.
Cayet, Rozhansky, and goalkeeper Earl Edwards Jr. were all named to the USL League One Team of the Week for their efforts in last Friday’s win. In addition to scoring the game’s lone goal, Cayet won nine duels to help keep a clean sheet. Rozhansky completed a game-high 56 passes at a 95-percent success rate, with five of those passes setting up shots for teammates. Edwards Jr. made five saves – one of which came on a penalty kick in the first half – to preserve the shutout.
Saturday’s match will be the second meeting of the season between Richmond and New England. Revolution II hosted the Kickers on April 17 in the club’s home opener at Gillette Stadium, a 3-0 win for the visitors. Richmond is winless in its last two contests, including a 2-1 defeat on Saturday night at Chattanooga Red Wolves SC. Oalex Anderson opened the scoring for Richmond in the 47th minute, but the Red Wolves equalized six minutes later and netted the winning goal in the final 10 minutes to claim all three points.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR AT RICHMOND:
- Revolution II remaining unbeaten in their second-ever visit to City Stadium in Richmond, having won on last year’s lone visit, 4-0.
- Revolution Homegrown Players Justin Rennicks and Damian Rivera continuing to see action with Revolution II and possibly starting together for a sixth-straight game to begin the 2021 season.
- Midfielder Hikaru Fujiwara, a Revs Academy product who signed a USL League One contract in April, adding to his three appearances and one assist this season.
- 16-year-old Academy midfielder Noel Buck continuing to appear in every match for Revolution II this season. Along with Pierre Cayet and Ryan Sierakowski, Buck is in a three-way tie for the team lead in scoring with one goal.
- Defender Sean O’Hearn continuing to play every minute for Revolution II this season.
Match #6: Revolution II vs. Richmond Kickers
Date: Saturday, June 5, 2021
Kickoff: 6:30 p.m. ET
Location: City Stadium (Richmond, Va.)
Social: @NERevolution2, #NERevsII, #RICvNE
Streaming: ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Mark Schoenster (play-by-play)