FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution II (1-5-2, 5 pts.) opens a four-game road trip with a midweek matchup against FC Tucson (2-5-1, 8 pts.) on Wednesday night at Kino North Stadium in Tucson, Ariz. The contest kicks off at 10:30 p.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+, and internationally on YouTube.
Revolution II had the weekend off after playing Chattanooga Red Wolves SC last Wednesday, dropping a 2-1 result at Gillette Stadium. Striker Orlando Sinclair scored his first goal of the season late in the first half with an assist from forward Connor Presley. Revolution Academy forward Isaie Louis became the 19th player to make his professional debut for Revolution II this season, coming on as a second-half substitute during Wednesday’s match. The 15-year-old from Everett became the youngest Revolution player ever to make his professional debut at either the MLS or League One level.
“I think it’s a group that’s still growing in terms of figuring out what it requires to be successful as individuals and as a group,” Head Coach Clint Peay said. “I think they’ve made some really good progress in terms of just how we move the ball and how we play from an attacking standpoint, but we can certainly be better defensively and be better with the final product in the attack.”
In its most recent outing, FC Tucson hosted North Texas SC on Saturday night, falling 2-0 to the defending League One champions. So far this season, Tucson is 0-2-1 at home while being outscored 6-3. Tucson’s two victories this season have come on the road against MLS-affiliated sides in Fort Lauderdale CF and Orlando City B.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR against FC Tucson:
- Revolution II adding to its list of 19 professional debuts this season, including 12 current or former Academy products.
- Several Revolution first-team players continuing to see action in League One play, including Damian Rivera, Nicolas Firmino, and Collin Verfurth.
- Firmino, Verfurth, defender Jon Bell, and midfielder Maciel each making their ninth starts of the season.
- 15-year-old Isaie Louis potentially making his second professional appearance after debuting on Sept. 9.
- Goalkeeper Joe Rice earning a seventh start in net after claiming his second USL League One Save of the Week honor after an eight-save performance on Sept. 9 vs. Chattanooga.
- Defender Jon Bell continuing to play every minute of the League One season .
- Academy defender Colby Quinones continuing to lead all youth players in minutes having logged 434 so far. Two other current Academy players have logged over 100 minutes this season: Hikaru Fujiwara and Diego Souza.
Match #9: Revolution II vs. FC Tucson
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Kickoff: 10:30 p.m. ET
Location: Kino North Stadium (Tucson, Ariz.)
Streaming: ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Joe Malfa (play-by-play)