FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution II (0-1-1, 1 pt.) will hit the road for the first time this year, travelling to face the reigning USL League One champion North Texas SC (1-1-1, 4 pts.) at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas on Saturday night. The contest kicks off at 9:00 p.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+, and internationally on YouTube.
North Texas SC, the League One affiliate of FC Dallas, played to a 2-2 draw with Chattanooga Red Wolves SC last Saturday at the newly-reconfigured Globe Life Park. Beni Redzic scored both goals for North Texas, as the two teams traded goals over a 67-second span in the 87th and 88th minutes to even the proceedings. North Texas, which has conceded a goal in each of its three matches, is now winless in its last two contests.
“North Texas is a team that puts a lot of pressure on you,” said Revolution II Head Coach Clint Peay. “Being able to play through that pressure and keep composed will be important for us. It will challenge our depth a little bit but I think the guys that will put in are ready to go.”
New England saw four first-team players named to the starting lineup last Friday night against Orlando City B, a 2-0 defeat. Midfielders Isaac Angking and Damian Rivera made their League One debuts, while midfielder Nicolas Firmino and defender Collin Verfurth each earned their second straight start. Angking led the team with four key passes against Orlando, while Rivera, who was also making his professional debut, led the team with four shots, including one on target.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR against North Texas SC:
- Several Revolution first-team players continuing to see action in League One play, including Isaac Angking, Damian Rivera, Nicolas Firmino, and Collin Verfurth.
- Revolution II midfielder Mayele Malango adding to his team-high five shots this season.
- Revolution II forward Connor Presley making a return to his home state of Texas to face some of his former teammates in the FC Dallas Academy.
- Defender Collin Verfurth maintaining his league-leading 5.5 clearance per game average.
- Goalkeeper Joe Rice aiming to stay in the top ten in saves among USL League One keepers.
Match #3: Revolution II vs. North Texas SC
Date: Saturday, August 15, 2020
Kickoff: 9:00 p.m. ET
Location: Globe Life Park (Arlington, Texas)
Streaming: ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Joe Malfa (play-by-play)