FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution (7-5-7, 28 pts.) are set to visit MLS expansion side Nashville SC for the teams’ first-ever meeting at Nissan Stadium. The match kicks off at 8:30 p.m. on NBC Sports Boston, as well as on the radio at 98.5 The Sports Hub and WBIX 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA. Here is a closer look at New England’s squad for tonight’s contest:
Starting XI (4-2-3-1): GK Matt Turner; D Alexander Büttner, D Andrew Farrell, D Henry Kessler, D DeJuan Jones; M Tommy McNamara, M Scott Caldwell; LM Diego Fagundez CAM Lee Nguyen, RM Tajon Buchanan; F Teal Bunbury
- New England’s Starting XI features one change from its most recent starting lineup on Oct. 19 vs. Philadelphia, with Diego Fagundez starting in place of Adam Buksa.
- Teal Bunbury, making the 200th start of his MLS career and his 200th appearance in a Revolution uniform, leads MLS in away goals this season (6). Bunbury’s team-best six goals have all been scored in away contests and his next goal with move him into a tie with Joe-Max Moore for fifth on the club’s all-time scoring list.
- Lee Nguyen will also make his 200th regular season appearance for New England in tonight’s contest. He and Bunbury are the 10th and 11th players in club history to reach the 200-game mark.
- Diego Fagundez makes the 260th appearance of his MLS career tonight, all with New England. The Homegrown Product from Leominster, Mass. is now one appearance shy of matching Shalrie Joseph (261) for the club’s all-time regular season games played record. He could pass Joseph as soon as Nov. 1, the Revs’ regular-season home finale.
- Scott Caldwell is 81 minutes away from eclipsing 15,000 minutes played for his regular season career, all with New England. The Braintree, Mass. native will be the Revs’ second Homegrown Player to reach that mark after Fagundez.
- Tajon Buchanan maintains his position as one of three Revolution players to appear in every match this season, along with Adam Buksa and Bunbury. The second-year forward, registering his career-high ninth start of the 2020 campaign, scored his second goal of the season in Monday’s match against Philadelphia.
- Tommy McNamara, making his 12th appearance and ninth start since joining New England, is now two starts away from 100 for his MLS career. McNamara has appeared in five consecutive games for New England, including four starts.
- Left back AlexanderBüttner is making his third consecutive start, and 12th of the season. The Dutch defender ranks among the leading MLS defenders in assists (tied for 1st -- 3) and chances created (3rd – 23).
- DeJuan Jones will make his 11th start of the season tonight and his seventh in a row. He has registered five straight 90-minute shifts.
Bench: GK Brad Knighton, D Brandon Bye, D Michael Mancienne, D Antonio Delamea, M Carles Gil, M Kelyn Rowe, M Matt Polster, M/F Kekuta Manneh, F Adam Buksa
- Carles Gil, who returned to full-team training earlier this week after recovering from Achilles tendon surgery on August 4, is available in the matchday squad for the first time since July 17 against D.C. United. The reigning MLS Newcomer of the Year registered one assist over 152 minutes of action before being sidelined by the injury.
- Matt Polster has registered 11 appearances and eight starts since joining New England. Polster has logged assists in two straight games.
- Adam Buksa has appeared in all 19 games this season and recorded a goal and an assist in the club’s last away match, a 3-2 win on Oct. 14 at Montreal.