Starting XI (4-2-3-1): GK Matt Turner; D DeJuan Jones, D Andrew Farrell, D Jon Bell, D Brandon Bye; M Matt Polster, M Maciel; LM Arnór Traustason, CAM Carles Gil ©, RM Teal Bunbury; F Gustavo Bou
- Tonight’s Revolution lineup features three changes from Wednesday’s midweek tilt at Philadelphia. Matt Polster, Teal Bunbury, and Gustavo Bou start in place of Tommy McNamara, Tajon Buchanan, and Adam Buksa.
- The Revs’ starting group features eight of the 11 starters from the 2020 Eastern Conference Final between New England and Columbus, as Maciel, Jon Bell, and Brandon Bye start in place of Scott Caldwell, Henry Kessler, and Tajon Buchanan, respectively.
- Matt Turner, 0-1-1 in MLS play against Columbus, makes his 75th MLS appearance in tonight’s match.
- The defensive backline of DeJuan Jones, Andrew Farrell, Jon Bell and Brandon Bye starts together for the second straight match.
- Jon Bell makes his second MLS start tonight after making his MLS and Revolution senior team debuts in last Wednesday’s 1-1 draw at Philadelphia. The 23-year-old is the second Revolution II product to suit up in a first-team match, along with Maciel.
- Andrew Farrell makes his 245th MLS regular season appearance tonight – and his 17th against Columbus -- all with New England. The ninth-year defender continues to climb his way up the club’s all-time service ranks, as he is now one appearance shy of matching Chris Tierney (246) for fourth-most games played in Revs history.
- Brandon Bye has now started five of six matches this season at right back, contributing one goal in the attack on four shots.
- DeJuan Jones starts at left back for his fifth time this season and the fourth consecutive match. The 23-year-old defender collected his second MLS assist on Teal Bunbury’s 85th-minute goal in Philadelphia on Wednesday.
- Teal Bunbury makes his first start of the season tonight, moving his career totals to 296 appearances and 203 starts in regular season play. The 12th-year forward is now four appearances shy of his 300th in MLS. Bunbury, who now owns 62 career goals in MLS, including 43 with the Revolution, owns three goals and two helpers in 18 career games against Columbus SC.
- Carles Gil is one of three Revolution players to have played in every minute of the season, alongside Andrew Farrell and Matt Turner. The Revs captain entered the weekend as the MLS leader in chances created (23), big chances created (7), and chances created from set play (11).
- Gustavo Bou returns to the Starting XI tonight after recording his first assist of the season in Wednesday’s draw at Philadelphia. Bou owns 15 goals and six assists over 36 appearances in MLS. The Revolution are unbeaten, 10-0-7 across all contests, when Bou scores a goal.
- Arnór Traustason collects his fifth consecutive start tonight and his third at Gillette Stadium. The 28-year-old Icelandic midfielder has registered a shot on goal in each of his four appearances.
- Brazilian midfielder Maciel makes his fourth consecutive start, and his third next to Matt Polster in central midfield. The 21-year-old began the weekend ranking among the top-five MLS leaders in passing accuracy with a 92.3% success rate (min. 100 attempts).
- Matt Polster returns to the starting lineup after recording an 11-minute shift off the bench on Wednesday. Polster ranks second on the team in tackles won (5) and tied for second in possessions won (30).
Bench: GK Brad Knighton, D A.J. DeLaGarza, D Henry Kessler, M Tajon Buchanan, M Scott Caldwell, M Wilfrid Kaptoum, M Tommy McNamara, F Adam Buksa, F Edward Kizza
- Adam Buksa is available off the bench for the first time this season. Buksa, the team leader in shots (17) and shots on goal (5), is one of two Revolution players to appear in every match since 2020 alongside Tajon Buchanan.
- Tajon Buchanan returns to New England’s reserves after logging starts in each of the last three contests. Buchanan’s nine shots are tied for second most on the team.
- Henry Kessler is available off the bench for the second straight game. The second-year defender out of the University of Virginia has appeared in all but one match since joining New England as the sixth-overall selection in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft.
- Rookie Edward Kizza is looking to make his Gillette Stadium debut tonight. New England first-round pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft, Kizza has totaled 32 minutes played over three substitute appearances on the year.
- Wilfrid Kaptoum has appeared on the club’s matchday roster in every game this season. The Cameroonian midfielder has played in three contests, including a 64-minute start in New England’s home opener on April 24.
- Tommy McNamara has appeared in all previous games this season, with two starts. The eight-year midfielder’s next appearance will be his 20th in a Revolution uniform since joining the club via a trade with Houston in August 2020.