FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Fifteen members of the New England Revolution Youth Development Program have announced their commitments to college soccer programs, including three rising high school seniors who have announced their commitments ahead of the 2012-13 Academy season.
In addition to the graduating class of players who announced their commitments earlier this winter, Under-18 players Matt Bitchell (Byfield, Mass.), Willis Griffith (Amherst, N.H.) and Dominik Machado (Attleboro, Mass.) have made early announcements of their post-Academy playing plans.
“It is always our goal to prepare our players for the demands of top-level soccer,” said Revolution Director of Youth Development and Under-16 Head Coach Bryan Scales.
“For a very small percentage of players in MLS’ Academy program, it might make sense to move from the youth teams into the senior team right after high school. But for most, the opportunity to continue their soccer development in college – while getting an education – makes the most sense. It is what makes our country different from all the other soccer-playing nations around the world. We are very happy that our players and their families have made decisions that they feel comfortable with,” Scales continued.
2012 high school graduates:
- Manuel Andrade (Boston, Mass.; Charlestown High School) – Providence College
- A.J. Burnham (Rockport, Mass.; Rockport High School) – University of Hartford
- C.J. Burnham (Rockport, Mass.; Rockport High School) – University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Devin Devoy (Attleborough, Mass.; Bishop Feehan High School) – Northeastern University
- Jack Hilger (Hopkinton, Mass.; Hopkinton High School) – Princeton University
- Nick Hoffman (East Brookfield, Mass.; Quabbin Regional High School) – Bentley University
- Colin Patch (Providence, R.I.; La Salle Academy) – Connecticut College
- Forest Sisk (Sudbury, Mass.; Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School) – Amherst College
- Colin Sweeney (Southborough, Mass.; Algonquin Regional High School) – High Point University
- Mitchell Taintor (Storrs, Conn.; E.O. Smith High School) – Rutgers University
- Tyler Zon (Wellesley, Mass.; Noble and Greenough School) – Swarthmore College
2013 high school graduates:
- Matt Bitchell (Byfield, Mass.; Georgetown High School) – Connecticut College
- Willis Griffith (Amherst, N.H.; Souhegan High School) – Villanova University
- Dominik Machado (Attleboro, Mass.; Attleboro High School) – Providence College
- Fabio Machado, Jr. (Leominster, Mass.; Burlington Community College) – Drexel University