FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution host the Columbus Crew tonight at Gillette Stadium. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. on WSBK-TV38, myRITV (Rhode Island) and Cozi TV (Western Mass.). Tonight’s contest also airs via the radio on 98.5 The Sports Hub and 1260 AM Nossa Radio in Portuguese. CBS Boston’s pregame coverage begins at 7:00 p.m. with “Revolution Kickoff” on TV38.
Starting XI: GK Matt Turner, D DeJuan Jones, D Andrew Farrell, D Henry Kessler, D Brandon Bye, M Matt Polster, M Tommy McNamara, M Sebastian Lletget, M Carles Gil ©, M Damian Rivera, F Adam Buksa
- Bruce Arena deploys an unchanged starting lineup from last Saturday’s 2-0 win vs. Inter Miami CF, marking the second time this season Arena has rolled out the same Starting XI in consecutive league matches.
- Reigning MLS Goalkeeper of the Year Matt Turner suits up for his 99th MLS regular season start and his second of the season, following a clean-sheet performance in his 2022 debut last weekend. Turner is 1-1-3 in five regular season games against Columbus.
- Adam Buksa has scored in three consecutive matches entering tonight’s match. The Polish National Team forward leads the Revolution in shots (24) and is tied with Carles Gil (3) for the team lead in goals scored.
- Buksa has scored two goals 109 regular season minutes against Columbus, and his next goal will be his 30th in all competitions for New England.
- Carles Gil has tallied one goal and three assists over his last four appearances. The Revolution captain’s three assists are tied for fifth most in MLS.
- Revolution Homegrown Player Damian Rivera earns his second straight start after netting his first MLS goal in the opening minute of his first MLS start last Saturday. The Cranston, R.I. native has now appeared in four of New England’s last five matches.
- Sebastian Lletget, who owns one goal and two assists in three career games against Columbus, is tied for the team lead in shots on goal (9) with Buksa.
- Matt Polster and Tommy McNamara appear together in central midfield for the second straight match. Polster collected his second assist of the season in last Saturday’s win, while McNamara suits up for his 40th start in a Revolution uniform tonight.
- Andrew Farrell starts alongside Henry Kessler in central defense for the second straight match. Kessler is making his fifth start of the MLS campaign the 49th of his regular season career.
- DeJuan Jones registers his 65th MLS regular season start tonight. The left back ranks among the top MLS defenders in assists (T-1st - 3), chances created (5th - 15), and successful crosses (5th - 10).
- Brandon Bye earns his 99th league start after also contributing to last weekend’s clean sheet. Bye ranks alongside fellow Michigan native DeJuan Jones as a leading defender in several attacking categories: goals scored (T-2nd - 2), successful crosses (3rd - 16). and chances created (3rd - 18).
Bench: GK Djordje Petrović, F Jozy Altidore, M Emmanuel Boateng, M Noel Buck, D A.J. DeLaGarza, D Omar Gonzalez, M Maciel, D Ryan Spaulding, M Arnór Traustason
- Revolution newcomer Djordje Petrović, a 22-year-old Serbian goalkeeper, appears on New England’s matchday roster for the second straight game.
- Jozy Altidore has appeared in eight of the team’s first nine games this season, starting two, with one goal. The veteran striker leads New England with seven goals in 12 career appearances against the Crew.
- 17-year-old midfielder Noel Buck, a Homegrown product from the Revolution Academy, is on the Revolution’s matchday roster for the fourth time as he seeks his MLS debut.
- Midfielder Maciel returns to the Revolution’s matchday roster after missing the last four matches with an upper leg injury. The Brazilian has played in four matches this year, including one start.
- Emmanuel Boateng made 10 appearances for Columbus in 2020, helping the Crew win MLS Cup.