FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution II (4-5-1, 13 pts.) welcomes reigning USL League One champions Greenville Triumph SC (5-2-3, 18 pts.) for an Independence Day matinee in the second-ever meeting between the two teams. The USL League One contest is set to kick off Sunday, July 4 at 2:00 p.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+.
Revolution II lost their most recent contest on Wednesday night at Forward Madison, 1-0. Madison striker Jake Keegan scored 20 minutes into the match for the lone goal of the night. Defender Ryan Spaulding became the first Revolution II player to appear in 25 matches for the club, starting and playing 90 minutes. Midfielder Jake Rozhansky completed 99 of his 108 passes on the night, catapulting him to third in USL League One with 641 passes for the season with a completion rate of 93.2 percent.
New England defender François Dulysse has been called into the Haiti Men’s National Team for the final qualifying rounds of the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup. Dulysse, 22, earned his first senior national team call up after representing Haiti at the Under-20 and Under-23 levels. The defender, hailing from Greenacres, Fla., played all 270 minutes for the Haiti U-23 side during Concacaf Olympic Qualifying group stage in March. Dulysse was also capped on three additional occasions for the Haiti U-20 team during the 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championships.
Greenville enters the weekend having one just once in its last five matches, including an 0-1-2 mark over the last three games. Greenville played to a 1-1 draw its last time out on June 26 at Chattanooga Red Wolves SC. League One goal-scoring leader Marios Lomis has tallied eight goals this season to pace the Triumph attack. In the lone meeting between the teams during the 2020 regular season, New England defeated Greenville, 1-0, on Aug. 26 to claim the first victory in club history.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Here are a few top storylines to watch for during Sunday’s contest:
- Revolution II extending its unbeaten streak at home to four games, having outscored opponents 6-2 en route to a 2-0-1 record in the last three matches at home.
- Midfielder Hikaru Fujiwara, a Revolution Academy product from Lexington, Mass. who signed a USL League One contract in May, adding to his eight appearances and one assist this season.
- 16-year-old midfielder Noel Buck (Arlington, Mass.) continuing to appear in every match for Revolution II this season and lead the team in scoring (three goals).
- Academy forward Michael Tsicoulias making his 11th professional appearance and eighth this season. The Newton, Mass. resident has already scored two goals during the current campaign.
- Revolution Homegrown Players Justin Rennicks and Damian Rivera appearing together in an 11th straight game to begin the 2021 season. The duo each scored their first goal of the season in New England’s last match at home on June 26.
- Midfielder Jake Rozhansky recording his club-leading fourth assist of the season. The captain leads Revolution II with three assists this season and has completed over 93 percent of his passes in 2021.
- Defender Pierre Cayet continuing to play in every minute for Revs II since making his professional debut on May 16. The center back has scored two goals and recorded 36 clearances this season, including 14 over his last two starts.
- First-team defender Collin Verfurth earning minutes for the fourth straight match since returning from injury. The 2020 League One leader in clearances recorded 10 in his first start since Oct. 24, 2020 back on June 26.
- Defender Ryan Spaulding recording one shot to set a new career high of 10 for a season. The left back has scored two goals in 25 matches for Revs II since the start of 2020.
Match #11: Revolution II vs. Greenville Triumph SC
Date: Sunday, July 4, 2021
Kickoff: 2:00 p.m. ET
Location: Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
Social: @NERevolution2, #NERevsII, #NEvGVL
Streaming: ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Joe Malfa (play-by-play)