FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution II (8-9-4, 25 pts.) will hit the road this weekend to face Chattanooga Red Wolves SC (10-2-10, 40 pts.) on Saturday night. The match kicks off at 7:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
Revolution II defeated the Richmond Kickers, 3-1, last week behind goals from three Revolution Academy products: Justin Rennicks, Damian Rivera, and Noel Buck. Rivera also added his first assist of the season on Buck’s game-sealing tally. Midfielder Jake Rozhansky returned to the lineup for the first time since suffering an injury on Aug. 14, recording his team-leading sixth assist of the campaign. Rozhansky and Rivera were both selected to the USL League One Team of the Week for their performances.
New England and Chattanooga met once earlier this season, back on May 16 at Gillette Stadium, with the two sides playing to a 2-2 draw. Noel Buck scored his first professional goal in the match, but Chattanooga rallied back in the second half with Josue España netting pair of goals in seven minutes to erase the two-goal deficit.
Chattanooga is coming off a 3-1 win over last-place North Carolina FC on Saturday at home. On 10 occasions this season, the Red Wolves have scored a game-tying or game-winning goal in the 75th minute or later, most recently pulling late-game magic on Sept. 8 in a 1-0 win over North Texas SC. Juan Galindrez has been the leader for Chattanooga on the attack with nine goals, while Ricky Ruiz has added four goals and a team-high eight assists. In net, Tim Trilk has allowed just 11 goals in 14 games.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Here are a few top storylines to watch on Saturday:
- New England staying above the playoff line in a tight battle with seven games remaining. Six points separates third through 11th place in USL League One.
- Midfielder Noel Buck making his 22nd appearance of the season. The 16-year-old, along with defender Ryan Spaulding, is one of two players to have appeared in every match this season and is second on the team with five goals.
- Forward Connor Presley playing 73 minutes to reach 6,000 for his professional career. Presley, who has 31 appearances with Revs II, has played seven different positions since his career began in 2017.
- Defender Colby Quiñones potentially making his 15th appearance to set a new career high. The 18-year-old Academy product is approaching 2,000 professional minutes since joining Revolution II in 2020.
- Goalkeeper Joe Rice playing 44 minutes to reach 2,000 minutes played with New England. Rice has played in 22 games for Revolution II since signing with the club in 2020 and currently owns an 9-7-5 record and 1.15 goals against average.
- Defender Sean O’Hearn and midfielder Michel both possibly returning from injury to make their 20th appearance of the season.
Match #22: Revolution II vs. Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
Date: Saturday, September 25, 2021
Kickoff: 7:00 p.m. ET
Location: CHI Memorial Stadium (Chattanooga, Tenn.)
Streaming: ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Bruce Silverman (play-by-play)
Social: @NERevolution2, #NERevsII, #CHAvNE