LOS ANGELES – The New England Revolution wrapped up the 2021 preseason on Saturday with a 3-3 draw against Los Angeles FC at Banc of California Stadium. Adam Buksa opened the scoring 60 seconds after kickoff before Matt Polster doubled the lead in the 7th minute. Carles Gil provided the Revs’ third goal from the penalty spot in the second half.
New England took the lead moments into the match as Buksa picked the pocket of a LAFC defender and finished the play himself for his team-leading third preseason goal. Five minutes later, Polster’s left-footed shot from outside the area found the bottom-right corner to give the Revs a 2-0 lead. LAFC pulled level with goals from Diego Rossi and Carlos Vela, before Buksa drew a penalty, which Carles Gil converted in the 61st minute to put New England back in front. The contest finished 3-3 as LAFC’s Eddie Segura tallied the equalizer in the 84th minute.
The Revs now return to Boston to shift their full attention to next week’s MLS regular season opener – Saturday, April 17 vs. Chicago Fire FC (8:30 p.m. ET). The match will air locally on WBZ-TV, myRITV, and 98.5 The Sports Hub.
- With the 2021 MLS regular season opener one week away on April 17, Sporting Director & Head Coach Bruce Arena gave nine different players a 90-minute outing in the club’s final preseason match. Goalkeeper Matt Turner, defenders DeJuan Jones, Henry Kessler, Andrew Farrell, and Brandon Bye, midfielders Carles Gil and Matt Polster, and forwards Adam Buksa and Gustavo Bou all went the distance in Saturday’s friendly.
- Adam Buksa’s unassisted goal in the 2nd minute was his team-leading third goal in four preseason games.
- Buksa also drew a penalty in the second half when he was clipped on the heels from behind inside the area. Carles Gil entered the match with two assists on the preseason.
- Matt Polster’s strike in the 7th minute from outside the box was his first tally of the preseason.
- New England concludes the preseason with a (2-1-2) record in the club’s friendlies against LA Galaxy, LAFC, and LA Galaxy II.
New England Revolution 3, Los Angeles FC 3
April 10, 2021 – Banc of California Stadium (Los Angeles, Calif.)
NE – Adam Buksa 2‘
NE – Matt Polster 7’
LAFC – Diego Rossi 14’
LAFC - Carlos Vela 58’
NE - Carles Gil (Penalty Kick) 61’
LAFC - Eddie Segura 84’
New England Revolution Lineup: Matt Turner; DeJuan Jones, Andrew Farrell, Henry Kessler, Brandon Bye; Carles Gil ©, Maciel (Scott Caldwell 74’), Matt Polster, Tajon Buchanan (Tommy McNamara 68’); Adam Buksa, Gustavo Bou