Turner_USMNT_Gold_Cup_2021

Leading the New England Revolution to a 17-4-7 record in 28 starts during a personal breakout season, goalkeeper Matt Turner racked up individual accolades within his club, league, and country in 2021.

Between winning a Concacaf Gold Cup with the U.S. Men’s National Team - named Best Goalkeeper of the tournament with the Golden Glove Award after six starts, five clean sheets, 23 saves and only one goal conceded - securing the MLS All-Star MVP award after saving two penalties in a shootout win over the LIGA MX All-Stars, taking home Allstate MLS Goalkeeper of the Year, and being named to the MLS Best XI, Turner continues to up the bar of his own success.

The past 12 months have been filled with a lot of milestones for the 27-year-old, including his international debut, which he made on January 31 when the USMNT defeated Trinidad and Tobago 7-0, including a massive penalty save from Turner to preserve the nation’s clean sheet.

After going 9-1-2 in his inaugural season with the USMNT, including eight shutouts, Turner is now up for another prestigious honor as he is a nominee for the BioSteel U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year Award, which recognizes top performers for country and club across the sport this year.

For the first time, voting for this respected award will be opened up to fans via ussoccer.com. The fan vote will account for 15 percent of the overall mark, with the remaining 85 percent coming from National Team players, coaches, media and other related constituencies.

Voting for all U.S. Soccer awards is now open and closes on Dec. 12 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The winners will be announced throughout the month of December.

You can help Matt Turner win the BioSteel U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year by voting HERE.