BRONX, N.Y. – The New England Revolution (6-5-7; 25 pts.) are in the Bronx today for a 1:00 p.m. ET meeting with New York City FC (8-4-5; 29 pts.) at Yankee Stadium. The nationally televised match airs on Univision in Spanish and Twitter in English, with radio coverage on 98.5 The Sports Hub and 1260 AM Nossa Radio in Portuguese.
Starting XI: GK Djordje Petrović; D DeJuan Jones, D Andrew Farrell, D Henry Kessler, D Brandon Bye; M Wilfrid Kaptoum, M Tommy McNamara; M Dylan Borrero, M Carles Gil ©, M Sebastian Lletget; F Gustavo Bou.
- Bruce Arena makes one change to his Starting XI from last Sunday’s match against FC Cincinnati, as midfielder Tommy McNamara returns from suspension to start in place of Maciel.
- Gustavo Bou has found the back of the net four times in his last six games. The Argentinian has tallied two goals with one assist in six league matches against New York City FC. Including playoffs, Bou’s 36 goals since debuting for the Revolution in July 2019 are third most in MLS over that span.
- Dylan Borrero has registered two goals and one assist in his last five appearances, all starts, including the opening goal in last Sunday’s 2-2 draw with FC Cincinnati.
- Sebastian Lletget recorded his fourth assist of the season in last Sunday’s draw to go along with his two goals on the year.
- Carles Gil is once again the league leader in chances created with 61 through 18 games played. The Spaniard’s 12 combined goals and assists are tied for fifth most in MLS.
- Tommy McNamara returns to the Starting XI after missing last Sunday’s match due to suspension, only his fourth league game missed since arriving in New England in 2020. McNamara, a West Nyack, N.Y. native who featured for New York City FC from 2015-18, has one goal and one assist in seven league meetings against his former club.
- Wilfrid Kaptoum appears in the Starting XI for the eighth consecutive match and the 20th time in his MLS career after coming off his first 90-minute performance of the season.
- Djordje Petrović carries an unbeaten 2-0-3 record into his sixth MLS start. The 22-year-old ranks third in MLS with a 78.3 save percentage (min. 15 saves). Petrović has one previous start against NYCFC, a six-save performance in the U.S. Open Cup on May 25.
- Andrew Farrell leads all active Revolution players with four career assists against New York City FC.
- Henry Kessler starts for a second straight game at center back after returning from a six-week injury absence. The third-year defender ranks second among MLS defenders this season with a 91.7 percent passing accuracy.
- Brandon Bye enters Saturday’s match ranking in the top five among MLS defenders this season in chances created (2nd- 33), goals (T-5th - 2), assists (T-3rd - 4), and duels won (T-4th - 100).
- DeJuan Jones makes his 18th start of the season. He has collected 13 goals and assists since the start of 2020, tied for third most among defenders over the last three seasons.
Bench: GK Earl Edwards Jr., F Jozy Altidore, D Jon Bell, M Emmanuel Boateng, D A.J. DeLaGarza, D Omar Gonzalez, M Maciel, M Matt Polster, M Arnór Traustason.
- Jozy Altidore owns two goals in 10 career appearances against New York City FC. The forward has appeared in 15 matches this season.
- Emmanuel Boateng has appeared off the bench in four of the last five matches, with one goal and one assist. The Ghanaian midfielder notched another assist last Sunday as he continues to lead MLS in assists per 90 (0.77) and goals-plus-assists per 90 (1.15) since the start of 2021 (minimum 750 minutes played).
- Matt Polster returns to the matchday squad after missing three matches with a head injury.
- A.J. DeLaGarza has made the matchday roster for all 19 of the Revolution’s games this season.
- Earl Edwards Jr. earns his 12th selection to the MLS matchday roster this season.
- Revolution II graduates Jon Bell and Maciel have made a combined 48 appearances at the MLS level.