ORLANDO, Fla. – The New England Revolution are in Florida tonight to face Orlando City SC with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m. ET at Exploria Stadium. The match airs on WSBK-TV38, myRITV (Rhode Island), and Cozi TV (Western Mass.), and 98.5 The Sports Hub, with Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies calling the action. Tonight’s contest also airs on 1260 AM Nossa Radio in Portuguese.
Starting XI: GK Djordje Petrović; D DeJuan Jones, D Andrew Farrell, D Henry Kessler, D Brandon Bye; M Maciel, M Matt Polster, M Wilfrid Kaptoum; M Tommy McNamara, M Carles Gil ©; F Justin Rennicks
- Bruce Arena deploys one change to his Starting XI from last Saturday’s match against Toronto FC, with midfielder Maciel starting in place of Sebastian Lletget (traded to FC Dallas).
- Djordje Petrović posts his 10th MLS start tonight as he looks to add to his three shutouts, including two in a row entering tonight.
- Henry Kessler and Andrew Farrell start together in central defense for the third consecutive game, anchoring a Revolution backline that hasn’t conceded a goal from open play in the last three games.
- DeJuan Jones and Brandon Bye each own five assists this season, tied for second most on the team.
- Carles Gil owns three goals and six assists in seven games played against Orlando City in all competitions, including two goals and four assists in regular season play. The reigning MLS MVP will represent the Revolution in Minnesota next week in Tuesday’s MLS All-Star Skills Contest and next Wednesday’s 2022 MLS All-Star Game.
- Matt Polster starts in the defensive midfield alongside Maciel and Wilfrid Kaptoum. Polster’s next start will be his 125th in MLS.
- Maciel features in the Starting XI for the first time since July 3 vs. FC Cincinnati. The midfielder is one of five Revolution II graduates on tonight’s matchday roster along with Justin Rennicks, Damian Rivera, Ben Reveno, and Ryan Spaulding.
- Wilfrid Kaptoum logs his 14th appearance of the 2022 campaign, including 11 starts.
- Tommy McNamara makes his 22nd appearance of the season, tied with DeJuan Jones for second most on the team and one behind Carles Gil (23) for the club lead.
- Justin Rennicks appears in the Starting XI for the second straight game, making his sixth start of the season.
Bench: GK Earl Edwards Jr., M Emmanuel Boateng, D Omar Gonzalez, D Christian Makoun, D Ben Reveno, M Damian Rivera, D Ryan Spaulding, M Arnór Traustason, F Giacomo Vrioni
- Christian Makoun features on New England’s matchday roster for the first time. The 22-year-old defender, acquired in a trade with Charlotte FC on Thursday, made 13 appearances and eight starts with the expansion side this season.
- Giacomo Vrioni tallied three shots in a 35-minute outing off the bench last weekend. The Designated Player has appeared in consecutive matches since arriving in Foxborough two weeks ago.
- Emmanuel Boateng posted his 150th MLS appearance last weekend against Toronto FC. The seventh-year midfielder has appeared in 17 games this season, including seven of New England’s last nine matches.
- Goalkeeper Earl Edwards Jr. features on the matchday roster tonight, backing up Petrović. A former Orlando City SC player, Edwards Jr. spent three seasons with the Lions from 2015-18.