FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution II (2-4-1, 7 pts.) will close out its three-game road swing on Saturday night against Forward Madison FC (3-1-3, 12 pts.) with the club’s first-ever visit to Breese Stevens Field in Madison, Wis. The USL League One contest is slated to kick off at 8:00 p.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+.
Revolution II is coming off a 4-2 defeat last weekend at Union Omaha. Connor Presley scored his first goal for the club, a volley off a corner in the second half. Revolution Academy forward Michael Tsicoulias (Newton, Mass.) made his fifth appearance with the team and tallied his first professional goal in the second half with an assist from Homegrown Player Justin Rennicks. Five different players have now tallied for Revolution II, with Pierre Cayet and 16-year-old Academy midfielder Noel Buck tied for the team lead with two apiece. First-team goalkeeper Brad Knighton made his second consecutive start in net and recorded seven saves. Meanwhile, 19-year-old Brazilian midfielder Michel earned his fourth consecutive start and sixth appearance of the campaign.
New England is seeking its first win against Forward Madison FC after the Flamingos swept the season series last year. Madison earned a 4-0 victory at Gillette Stadium in September before claiming a 2-1 triumph on the final day of the regular season at Hart Park in Wauwatosa, Wis. Saturday will mark the first time New England has traveled to the Wisconsin state capital, and the first of two visits this month.
Madison enters Saturday’s contest winless over its last three games (0-1-2), most recently playing to a 0-0 draw against Richmond Kickers last weekend at home. 2020 USL League One Young Player of the Year Chris Brady made his first appearance since returning to Madison on loan from Chicago Fire FC, recording four saves en route to the clean sheet. Striker Jake Keegan leads Madison with a team-high four goals in seven games.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Here are a few top storylines to watch for during Saturday’s contest:
- Revolution II scoring multiple goals for a third consecutive game.
- Midfielder Hikaru Fujiwara, a Revolution Academy product from Lexington, Mass. who signed a USL League One contract in May, adding to his five appearances and one assist this season.
- 16-year-old Revs Academy midfielder Noel Buck (Arlington, Mass.) continuing to appear in every match for Revolution II this season. Along with defender Pierre Cayet, Buck is tied for the team lead in scoring with two goals.
- Revolution Homegrown Players Justin Rennicks and Damian Rivera appearing together in an eighth-straight game to begin the 2021 season.
- Goalkeeper Joe Rice potentially making his first appearance since May 16. In 12 games with Revs II since 2020, Rice has posted a 1.28 goals against average and recorded 50 saves.
- Defender Sean O’Hearn continuing to play every minute for Revolution II this season.
Match #8: Revolution II vs. Forward Madison FC
Date: Saturday, June 19, 2021
Kickoff: 8:00 p.m. ET
Location: Breese Stevens Field (Madison, Wis.)
Social: @NERevolution2, #NERevsII, #MADvNE
Streaming:ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Sean Saint Jacques (play-by-play)