FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution II (2-6-2, 8 pts.) hits the road again this weekend for matchup against fellow MLS second team Orlando City B (1-5-3, 6 pts.) on Saturday at Osceola County Stadium in Kissimmee, Fla. The contest kicks off at 11 a.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+.
Revolution II is coming off a two-game week that saw the club fall at FC Tucson on Sept. 16, 1-0, before rebounding over the weekend with a 2-0 win at Union Omaha on Sept. 19. Justin Rennicks and Nicolas Firmino provided the scoring for New England in the victory, with Rennicks earning his first USL League One goal and second professional tally. Orlando Sinclair and Ryan Spaulding added assists, while both Spaulding and Firmino earned USL League One Team of the Week recognition for their efforts.
“The team has played well in the last few games and we certainly want to continue on that path,” said Revolution II Head Coach Clint Peay. “But we recognize that every game is a new challenge, so going down to Orlando will be difficult. Playing on the road can be difficult sometimes, especially in this current environment. In order to be able to do it successfully, you've got to maintain good focus and I thought the team did well in that."
Orlando City B earned their lone victory this season against New England on Aug. 7 at Gillette Stadium, a 2-0 triumph that saw Revolution II reduced to 10 men in the first half. Wilfredo Rivera and Kenji Tanaka each tallied for Orlando in that match. Orlando had their match over the weekend postponed and has not been in action since Sept. 12 when they lost 2-0 at Fort Lauderdale CF. This season, Orlando is 0-1-3 at home.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR against Orlando City B:
- Several Revolution first-team players continuing to see action in League One play, including Damian Rivera, Nicolas Firmino, Justin Rennicks and Collin Verfurth.
- Firmino breaking his tie with fellow Homegrown Player Isaac Angking for the team lead in scoring with two goals each.
- Firmino, defender Jon Bell, and midfielder Maciel each making their 11th starts of the season.
- Defender Jon Bell continuing to play every minute of the League One season, having logged 900 minutes at center back thus far.
- Academy defender Colby Quinones continuing to lead all Revolution youth players in professional minutes, having logged 614 so far. Two other current Academy players have logged over 100 minutes this season: Hikaru Fujiwara and Diego Souza.
Match #11: Revolution II vs. Orlando City B
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020
Kickoff: 11:00 a.m. ET
Location: Osceola County Stadium (Kissimmee, Fla.)
Streaming:ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Bruce Silverman (play-by-play)