FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution have signed Ben Reveno (ruh-VENN-oh) to a one-year MLS contract with two additional club option years, elevating the first-year defender from the club’s MLS NEXT Pro roster.
New England’s second-round selection in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft, Reveno ascends to the first team after beginning the season with Revolution II. He appeared in eight games with seven starts for Revolution II during the inaugural MLS NEXT Pro season, contributing to four clean sheets, before making his senior team debut in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16, a 105-minute performance at New York City FC on May 25.
“The Revolution’s Pro Player Pathway is designed to give players like Ben the necessary tools they need to develop in our elite environment and prove themselves at the highest levels, and Ben has seized his opportunities,” Revolution Technical Director Curt Onalfo said. “It gives us great pride to now have six players on the first team who entered our system with Revolution II, worked hard, and earned their spot on the MLS roster.”
Reveno played two years of collegiate soccer at UC Irvine before finishing his NCAA career with three seasons at UCLA, where he made 49 appearances for the Bruins. As a redshirt senior in 2021, the logged a career-high 1,570 minutes between central defense and outside back.
Reveno is the seventh player to join the Revolution’s MLS roster after initially signing a professional contract with Revolution II, along with Esmir Bajraktarevic (HGP), Jon Bell, Noel Buck (HGP), Maciel, Ryan Spaulding, and Collin Verfurth.
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution sign defender Ben Reveno (Revolution II) to a one-year MLS contract with two additional club option years on May 31, 2022.
BEN REVENO AT A GLANCE:
- First-year defender, experienced at center back and outside back, was drafted 52nd overall in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft.
- Made eight appearances in MLS NEXT Pro before ascending to New England’s first team roster in May 2022.
- Became the sixth player to sign with New England after initially joining the Revolution II roster.
- Played five seasons of collegiate soccer at UC Irvine (2017-18) and UCLA (2019-21).
- Totaled 49 appearances for the Bruins and helped the team earn an NCAA Tournament berth as a redshirt senior.
#77 BEN REVENO
Hometown: San Jose, Calif.
Date of Birth: 03/29/1999 (San Jose, Calif.)
Nationality: United States
How Acquired: Drafted 52nd overall in 2022 MLS SuperDraft; Signed from Revolution II on May 31, 2022.