CLEARWATER, Fla. — The New England Revolution played 120 minutes of preseason action against FC Cincinnati on Tuesday afternoon at Walter C. Campbell Park in the club’s fourth of five preseason friendlies in Florida. Homegrown Players Esmir Bajraktarević, Noel Buck, and Damian Rivera all started Tuesday’s contest, a 4-0 defeat for New England, with Buck and Rivera logging 75 minutes each.
Defender Andrew Farrell and forward Bobby Wood each saw their first minutes of preseason, with Farrell starting the opening 45 minutes. Wood, who joined New England this offseason after two seasons with Real Salt Lake, saw 30 minutes on the afternoon.
- All five Homegrown Players on the Revolution roster saw action on the day, with Esmir Bajraktarević, Noel Buck, and Damian Rivera each starting while Justin Rennicks and Jack Panayotou played 30 and 45 minutes, respectively.
- Latif Blessing and Matt Polster played together in central midfield for the last 45 minutes to close out the match.
- Defender Andrew Farrell and forward Bobby Wood each made their preseason debuts. Farrell started and played 45 minutes, while Wood saw 30 minutes during the second period of Tuesday’s 120-minute match.
- While Wood played 30 minutes at the forward position, Giacomo Vrioni and Jozy Altidore each contributed 45 minutes on the day.
- 2023 MLS SuperDraft selections Joshua Bolma and Victor Souza both made appearances for a fourth straight preseason match. Bolma started and played 75 minutes, while Souza replaced Andrew Farrell and played 30 minutes during the second period.
The Revolution will conclude the 2023 preseason on Saturday night, when New England visits Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium. The club’s final match of the 2023 preseason kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET. New England then returns home to prepare for the 2023 MLS regular season opener on Saturday, Feb. 25 at Charlotte FC (7:30 p.m. ET). All matches during the “MLS is Back” opening weekend will be available to watch for free on the Apple TV app. Every Revolution, MLS, and Leagues Cup match is available on MLS Season Pass – all in one place, with no blackouts.
MLS Season Pass is available now through the Apple TV app on Apple devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, set-top boxes, and game consoles, and on the web at tv.apple.com. Fans can now subscribe to MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app for $14.99 per month during the season or $99 per season, and Apple TV+ subscribers can sign up at a special price of $12.99 per month and $79 per season. As an exclusive benefit of their full-season membership, New England Revolution Season Members receive one MLS Season Pass subscription with each account. Visit Revolutionsoccer.net or call 1-877-GET-REVS to learn more about becoming a Season Member.
New England Revolution 0, FC Cincinnati 4
February 14, 2023 – Walter C. Campbell Park (Clearwater, Fla.)
Weather: 70 degrees and sunny
CIN – 8’
CIN – 37’
CIN – 41’
CIN – 55’
New England Revolution (1st Half – 45 minutes): Earl Edwards Jr.; Ryan Spaulding, Omar Gonzalez, Andrew Farrell ©, Joshua Bolma; Noel Buck, Noble Okello (T); Emmanuel Boateng (T), Esmir Bajraktarević, Damian Rivera; Giacomo Vrioni.
New England Revolution (2nd Period – 30 minutes): Earl Edwards Jr.; Pierre Cayet*, Omar Gonzalez, Victor Souza^; Joshua Bolma, Noel Buck, Noble Okello (T); Emmanuel Boateng (T), Damian Rivera; Justin Rennicks, Bobby Wood.
New England Revolution (3rd period – 45 minutes): Djordje Petrović; Christian Makoun, Henry Kessler, Dave Romney, Brandon Bye; Matt Polster, Latif Blessing; Dylan Borrero, Carles Gil, Jack Panayotou; Jozy Altidore.
* = Revolution II player
^ = Unsigned 2023 MLS SuperDraft pick
T = Trialist