Director of Sports Performance
PIZZUTO AT A GLANCE:
- Entering first season as New England’s Director of Sports Performance.
- Spent five years with the Columbus Crew, most recently as Director of Performance, winning two MLS Cup championships in 2020 and 2023.
- Spent four years with Porto FC’s Youth Academy from 2015-18 as Performance Director and Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Trained high-level runners including multiple Olympic medalists as an Endurance Coach from 2011-15.
- Owns a bachelor’s degree in physical activity and sport science, and a master’s degree in high-performance training.
Federico Pizzuto is in his first season as the New England Revolution’s Director of Sports Performance, having joined the club ahead of the 2024 season. Pizzuto spent the last five seasons with the Columbus Crew, most recently as Director of Performance. He also held the roles of Director – Fitness and End Stage Rehabilitation (2022-23) and Fitness and End Stage Rehabilitation Coach with the Crew. While with Columbus, Pizzuto contributed to the club’s MLS Cup title in 2020 under Caleb Porter.
Pizzuto arrived in Columbus after serving as the Performance Director for Porto FC’s Youth Academy from 2016-18, where he worked with age groups from Under-15 to Under-19 with the first-division club in Portugal. Before ascending to the role of Performance Director, Pizzuto was the Strength and Conditioning Coach for Porto FC from 2015-16, working with age groups ranging from U-13 through U-19.
Before and during his time with Porto FC, Federico worked as an endurance coach for high-level runners, conducting research on the physiology of running. During this time, Pizzuto had the opportunity to work with multiple Olympic medalists.
Pizzuto, 35, graduated cum laude from the Universita degli Studi di Roma in 2013, earning a bachelor’s degree in physical activity and sport science. In December of 2015, he earned his master’s degree in high-performance training from the Universidade do Porto.
The Campora San Giovanni, Italy native currently resides in Massachusetts and enjoys exercising, reading, and drinking coffee in his spare time.
Federico Pizzuto’s Background
New England Revolution (Director of Sports Performance)
Columbus Crew (Director of Performance)
Columbus Crew (Director, Fitness and End Stage Rehabilitation)
Columbus Crew (Fitness and End Stage Rehabilitation Coach)
Porto FC Youth Academy (Performance Director)
Porto FC Youth Academy (Strength & Conditioning Coach)
Run4Excellence (Track & Field Assistant Coach)