FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Comcast SportsNet’s on-going special about the New England Revolution, “State of the Revs,” returns on Saturday, March 8, when the 2014 season preview special debuts at 8 p.m. ET, immediately prior the team’s season opener at Houston, which kicks off at 8:30 p.m. on Comcast SportsNet.
Hosted by Comcast SportsNet’s Dalen Cuff, the “State of the Revs” season preview show will look ahead to the team’s 2014 campaign, key off-season additions and important storylines as the new season begins.
The “State of the Revs” season preview special will include:
- The team’s expectations for 2014 coming off its first playoff appearance in four seasons
- A talk with Diego Fagundez as he emerges as one of Major League Soccer’s top stars
- A profile of Kevin Alston, who’s coming off a 2013 campaign stunted his leukemia diagnosis
- A look at the Revs’ goalkeeping situation with Brad Knighton and Bobby Shuttleworth, following the retirement of Matt Reis
- A dinner about MLS rookie life with first-round draft picks Steve Neumann and Patrick Mullins, hosted by Revs second-year players Andrew Farrell and Scott Caldwell
- A crossbar challenge with Caldwell, Dimitry Imbongo and Lee Nguyen
- Insight into how Revolution strength and conditioning coach Nick Downing works with the players to get them ready for the season
- A peek at players to watch for with Revs play-by-play announcer Brad Feldman and new color analyst Paul Mariner
- A review of the team’s 2014 jersey launch and a look into the process of designing and launching new adidas jerseys
The “State of the Revs” season preview will re-air on Comcast SportsNet several times after its premier. The current re-air schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, March 8 at 11 p.m.
- Sunday, March 9 at 1:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 10 at 12:30 a.m.
- Thursday, March 13 at 9 p.m.
- Saturday, March 15 at 3:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 16 at 1:30 a.m.