FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution will celebrate survivors and fundraise for a cure in partnership with Making Strides for Breast Cancer, We Got Soccer and adidas this Saturday, Oct. 1, when the team presents its annual Breast Cancer Awareness game at Gillette Stadium when the Revs host Seattle Sounders FC at 7:30 p.m.
Highlighted activities of the night will include a pregame presentation of survivors on the field, as well as in-game pink accents including:
- Playing with a pink adidas Jubalani game ball,
- Revs goalkeepers wearing pink jerseys,
- Revs players wearing pink ribbon patches on their jerseys,
- Players wearing pink armbands,
- Selected players wearing pink shoelaces and/or pink cleats,
- Coaches and broadcasters wearing pink scarves,
- Referees using pink whistles and
- Pink field boards.
Additionally, exclusive game-used and game-worn items will be up for raffle at the game, and up for auction starting Wednesday, Oct. 5, at biddingforgood.com. All proceeds from both the game raffle and the online auction will be donated to Making Strides for Breast Cancer in support of breast cancer research.
- Items that will be available through either the in-game raffle or the online auction include:
- Autographed game-worn pink-ribbon jerseys of the starting 10 Revolution field players,
- Autographed game-worn pink goalkeeper jersey,
- Autographed pink-accented cleats from Diego Fagundez and Ryan Cochrane,
- Autographed pink MLS W.O.R.K.S and Revolution scarves,
- Autographed pink Gatorade sideline towels and
- Team-autographed pink adidas game balls, among other non-Revolution items provided by We Got Soccer.
Making Strides for Breast Cancer will be on-site for the game, as well, to collect direct donations. Additionally, commemorative Revolution breast cancer awareness items will be for sale in the ProShop and at retail stands, with a portion of the proceeds from those sales going to breast cancer awareness organizations.
For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team’s official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or follow the team on Twitter at @NERevolution, or on Facebook at facebook.com/NERevolution. For more information about Revolution tickets and special packages, call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit revolutionsoccer.net.