FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – In recognition of and reflection on the 10-year anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks on America, the New England Revolution will offer a “Salute to Heroes” at Saturday’s match against FC Dallas.
In remembrance of the events on Sept. 11, 2001, the New England Revolution and New England Revolution Charitable Foundation have planned a series of events and activities at the match against Dallas on Saturday, Sept. 10, at Gillette Stadium (7:30 p.m. kickoff, TV: Comcast SportsNet, Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub).
The Revolution has partnered with the U.S.O. to invite members of the Armed Services from all over New England to the game, including the distribution of more than 3,500 tickets to service members.
Other activities planned for the night include:
- U.S. Army and U.S. Marine H-3 vehicles will be on display on Patriot Place Plaza and the parking lots
- The Army and Marines will set up pull-up bars for competitions among fans
- The Army will have a dog-tag-making machine to make custom tags for fans
- Cell Phones for Soldiers will be on-site to collect gently used cell phones to distribute to soldiers overseas
- The first 5,000 fans in the stadium gates will receive a small American flag
- A moment of silence will be observed in honor of those lost in the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001
- The New Hampshire State Police will serve as the night’s Honor Guard
- A large United States flag will be presented on-field for the National Anthem
- All players, coaches and match officials will wear black armbands with a “9/11 Memorial” graphic
- The U.S. Army and Marine Corps will perform enlistment ceremonies at halftime
- Members from the Army and Marine Corps will face off in a halftime penalty-kick competition and a tug of war
- Autographed merchandise from the Revolution and FC Dallas, and an outdoor grill donated by Bass Pro Shops, will be raffled off on the concourse to benefit the U.S.O.
- Defender A.J. Soares, a San Diego native, will meet with select members of the U.S.O. in a postgame meet & greet
- Autographed game-worn jerseys from Matt Reis, Shalrie Joseph and Benny Feilhaber will be auctioned off, along with their black “9/11 Memorial” armbands with proceeds going to the 9/11 Memorial Fund
Tickets to the match are available by calling the Revolution ticket office at 1-877-GET-REVS, or through all Ticketmaster locations (online, phone, retail centers).
For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team’s official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or follow the team on Twitter at @NERevolution, or on Facebook at facebook.com/NERevolution. For more information about Revolution tickets, special packages and 2012 season tickets, call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit revolutionsoccer.net.