FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution will open preseason training camp on Monday, Jan. 31, to begin training for the upcoming 2011 season. During the six-week preseason schedule, the Revs will make two out-of-town training trips, traveling to Orlando and the Atlanta area for extended outdoor stints.
The Revs will play several matches during the 11-day trip to Orlando while basing training camp once again at the University of Central Florida. Opponents, dates and locations of the team’s matches will be announced at a later date.
The Revolution will play three matches on their 11-day trip to the Atlanta area, including two matches in the inaugural Atlanta Pro Soccer Challenge, a three-team tournament hosted by the Atlanta Beat of Women’s Professional Soccer.
Joining the Revs in the Atlanta area will be the Columbus Crew and Houston Dynamo. The three teams will play a round-robin tournament at Kennesaw State Soccer Stadium in Kennesaw, Ga., beginning Wednesday, March 9, and ending Sunday, March 13.
As a prelude to the tournament, the Revs will face the Columbus Crew in Chattanooga, Tenn., on Sunday, March 6, in an exhibition match.
The team will spend the first two weeks of camp based at the Dana-Farber Field House on the grounds of Gillette Stadium for indoor training and conditioning before heading out of town.
The Revolution will begin preparations for the team’s 2011 season opener on Tuesday, March 15, with regular-season training at Gillette Stadium. The team will depart for the Los Angeles area on Friday, March 18, ahead of the 2011 season opener against the LA Galaxy at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., on Sunday, March 20
New England’s complete preseason schedule follows.
- Monday, January 31: Players report to preseason camp. (Entrance physicals and training)
- Monday, January 31 – Friday, February 11: Local training (Dana-Farber Field House, Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.)
- Monday, February 14 – Thursday, February 24: Training in Orlando, Fla.
- Monday, February 28 – Wednesday, March 2: Local training (Dana-Farber Field House, Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.)
- Thursday, March 3 – Sunday, March 13: Training in Kennesaw, Ga.
- Sunday, March 6: vs. Columbus Crew (Finley Stadium, Chattanooga, Tenn.), 4 p.m. ET
- Atlanta Pro Soccer Challenge (Kennesaw State Soccer Stadium, Kennesaw, Ga.)
- Wednesday, March 9: vs. Columbus Crew (Kennesaw, Ga.), 7:30 p.m. ET
- Friday, March 11: Columbus Crew vs. Houston Dynamo (Kennesaw, Ga.), 7:30 p.m. ET
- Sunday, March, 13: vs. Houston Dynamo (Kennesaw, Ga.), TBD
- Monday, March 14: OFF
- Tuesday, March 15: Regular-season training schedule begins
- Wednesday, March 16: Revolution Media Day
- Friday, March 18: Depart for Los Angeles
- Saturday, March 19: Training in Carson, Calif.
- Sunday, March 20: 2011 season opener at LA Galaxy (Carson, Calif.), 8 p.m. ET
For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team’s official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or follow the team on Twitter at @NERevolution, or on Facebook at facebook.com/NERevolution.
Four-game mini-plans are on sale now for the 2011 season, and start at $68. The four-game plans include tickets to the home opener against D.C. United on Saturday, March 26, and three additional stand-alone games, a 2011 Revolution calendar and a choice of one of four exclusive gifts. Six-game package options are also available. Season tickets for the 2011 New England Revolution season are also on sale – including packages for the newly-opened West Side seats – and start at $234 for 18-game packages. Call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit revolutionsoccer.net for more information about these plans or any other ticket option.