FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution did not lose a player in the 2010 MLS Expansion Draft, which was conducted via conference call this afternoon. The Portland Timbers and Vancouver Whitecaps, who will both enter Major League Soccer in 2011, each selected 10 players today from among exposed players from the existing 16 MLS squads.
The full 2010 Expansion Draft was:
- Portland – Dax McCarty (M, FC Dallas)
- Vancouver – Sanna Nyassi (M, Seattle Sounders FC)
- Portland – Eric Brunner (D, Columbus Crew)
- Vancouver – Atiba Harris (M/F, FC Dallas)
- Portland – Adam Moffat (M, Columbus Crew)
- Vancouver – Nate Sturgis (M/D, Seattle Sounders FC)
- Portland – Anthony Wallace (D, Colorado Rapids)
- Vancouver – Shea Salinas (M/D, Philadelphia Union)
- Portland – David Horst (D, Real Salt Lake)
- Vancouver – Alan Gordon (F, Chivas USA)
- Portland – Robbie Findley (F, Real Salt Lake)
- Vancouver – O’Brian White (F, Toronto FC)
- Portland – Peter Lowry (M, Chicago Fire)
- Vancouver – Alejandro Moreno (M/F, Philadelphia Union)
- Portland – Jonathan Bornstein (D, Chivas USA)
- Vancouver – Joe Cannon (GK, San Jose Earthquakes)
- Portland – Jordan Graye (D, D.C. United)
- Vancouver – Jonathan Leathers (D, Kansas City Wizards)
- Portland – Arturo Alvarez (M, San Jose Earthquakes)
- Vancouver – John Thorrington (M, Chicago Fire)
Today’s Expansion Draft was the seventh in league history, and this was the first draft in which the Revolution did not have a player selected by an incoming team.
Four-game Holiday Mini-Plans are on sale now for the 2011 season, and start at $68. The four-game Holiday Mini-Plans include tickets to any four stand-alone games, a 2011 Revolution calendar and a choice of one of four exclusive gifts. Season tickets for the 2011 New England Revolution season are now available – including the newly-opened West Side seats - starting at $234 ($216 through 5 p.m. today) for 18-game packages. Call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit revolutionsoccer.net for more information about these plans or any other ticket option.