FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution will celebrate survivors and fundraise for a cure in partnership with the Massachusetts Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for a Cure this Saturday, Oct. 2, when the team hosts a Breast Cancer Awareness game at Gillette Stadium.
The Revs will host defending MLS champion Real Salt Lake at 7:30 p.m., with special ticket packages available for $50, which include two tickets and two commemorative Revolution breast cancer awareness t-shirts.
Highlighted activities of the night will include a pregame presentation of survivors on the field, as well as pink accents in the game including:
- Playing with a pink adidas game ball,
- Pink Revolution custom-made goalkeeper jersey*,
- Players wearing pink ribbon patches on their jerseys,
- Players wearing pink armbands,
- Selected players wearing pink-accented adidas cleats,
- Coaches wearing pink scarves and
- Pink field boards.
Additionally, game-used and game-worn items will be up for both raffle at the game, and up for auction starting Wednesday, Oct. 6, at biddingforgood.com. All proceeds from both the game raffle and the online auction will be donated to Komen MA in support of breast cancer screening, treatment, education programs and research.
Items that will be available through either the in-game raffle or the online auction include:
- Autographed game-worn pink-ribbon jerseys of the starting 10 Revolution field players,
- Autographed game-worn pink goalkeeper jersey*,
- Autographed pink-accented adidas cleats from Kevin Alston and Darrius Barnes,
- Autographed pink MLS W.O.R.K.S scarves from the New England Revolution coaches and
- Team autographed pink adidas game balls.
Komen MA will be on-site for the game, as well, to collect direct donations. Additionally, commemorative Revolution breast cancer awareness items will be for sale in the ProShop and retail stands, with proceeds from those sales going to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
The special breast cancer awareness game ticket packages are still available by calling 1-877-GET-REVS, or at revolutionsoccer.net. For more information, visit the team’s web site.
*pending the jersey’s arrival from the supplier.