Revolution offers “Salute to Heroes” at game on Sept. 21
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – On Saturday, Sept. 21, the New England Revolution will offer a “Salute to Heroes” at its match against D.C. United at Gillette Stadium, which kicks off at 7:30 p.m.
The New England Revolution and New England Revolution Charitable Foundation have planned a series of events and activities at the match against D.C. to celebrate the region’s first responders, military heroes, veterans and their families.
Through a partnership with the U.S.O., the New England Revolution Charitable Foundation invites members of the Armed Services – including active duty members, reservists and family members from all five branches of the military – as well as police, fire and medical personnel, from all over New England to attend the game.
Special activities planned for the night include:
- U.S. Army vehicles will be on display in NRG Plaza and the parking lots
- The Army will set up pull-up bars for competitions among fans
- The Army will also have a dog-tag-making machine to make custom tags for fans
- Cell Phones for Soldiers will be on-site to collect gently used cell phones to distribute to soldiers overseas
- The night’s Honor Guard will feature members of the Worcester County Sheriff’s Department
- The U.S.O.’s Liberty Belles will perform the National Anthem
- A large United States flag will be presented on-field for the National Anthem
- The U.S. Army will perform enlistment ceremonies on the Gillette Stadium field pre-game
- A raffle featuring Revolution memorabilia will be held, with the proceeds benefitting the U.S.O.
- In conjunction with the Revolution’s charitable drive series, the Worcester County Sheriff’s Department will collect new or gently-used coats to distribute to community centers throughout the area.
Tickets to the match are available by calling the Revolution ticket office at 1-877-GET-REVS, or through all Ticketmaster locations (online, phone, retail centers). For more information about complimentary tickets for military members and first responders, please click here.