Revs offer “Salute to Heroes” on Saturday, May 19
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – In conjunction with Armed Forces Day, the New England Revolution will offer a “Salute to Heroes” at its Saturday, May 19, match against the Houston Dynamo at Gillette Stadium.
The New England Revolution and New England Revolution Charitable Foundation have planned a series of events and activities at the match against Houston to celebrate the region’s military heroes, veterans and their families.
Through a partnership with the U.S.O., the New England Revolution Charitable Foundation has invited members of the Armed Services from all over New England to the game, distributing more than 3,500 tickets to service members.
Other activities planned for the night include:
- U.S. Army and U.S. Marine H-3 vehicles will be on display in Patriot Place Plaza and the parking lots
- The Army and Marines will set up pull-up bars for competitions among fans
- The Army will have a dog-tag-making machine to make custom tags for fans
- Cell Phones for Soldiers will be on-site to collect gently used cell phones to distribute to soldiers overseas
- DIGGER DAWG – a featured Armed Forces Entertainment act – will perform in Patriot Place Plaza
- The night’s Honor Guard will feature one member of each military service branch
- The Liberty Band will perform the National Anthem
- A large United States flag will be presented on-field for the National Anthem
- The U.S. Army and Marine Corps will perform enlistment ceremonies on the Gillette Stadium field
- Members from the Army and Marine Corps will face off in a halftime competition
Click here to purchase tickets online, or calling the Revolution ticket office at 1-877-GET-REVS.