NEWSSTAND - April 21, 2011
Benny Feilhaber will wear the red, white and blue once again, this time as a member the New England Revolution. Official news about the midfielder’s signing with the Revs was released on Wednesday April 20. Following the news, these local media, national media and blogs discussed what they believe lies ahead for the club, fans and Feilhaber.
- Revs surprised, delighted to nab Feilhaber (NECN)
- Here to Stay (Revs Press)
- New England lands US midfielder Feilhaber (Metro Boston)
- Anxious night ends with new dawn for Feilhaber (MLSsoccer.com)
- Analysis: How will Feilhaber fit with Nicol's Revs? (MLSsoccer.com)
- Revs add Feilhaber for playmaking, experience (MLSsoccer.com)
- Feilhaber ready to show what he’s learned in Europe in MLS (Goal.com)
- Revs win Feilhaber sweepstakes (ESPN)
- Lack of options drives Feilhaber to MLS (Soccer America)
- Revolution reject trade offers, to keep Feilhaber (Sporting News)
- Joining the Revolution (New England Soccer News)
- There's no Fail in Feilhaber... (The Drug is Football)
- Benny Feilhaber (Boston Ultras)
- New England Revolution delighted with Feilhaber acquisition (Tribal Football)
The Bent Musket’s contributing writers show passion in their articles about the team. The first describes a former Liverpool fan’s view of Steve Nicol, and the second describes a fan’s disappointment with a local media outlet’s lack of Revs coverage.
Revolution players paid a special visit to the Children’s hospital, and the Boston Herald took a snapshot of rookie midfielder Stephen McCarthy helping a young fan during an Easter-themed activity.
Goal.com’s Kyle McCarthy expresses the Revs’ need to put forth a strong showing against Sporting Kansas City in his Week 5’s power rankings.
The Shin Guardian throws a “huge curve ball,” naming Benny Feilhaber’s agent, Lyle Yorks, the MLS Player of the Week.