NEW SECURITY PROCEDURES FOR 2016 REVOLUTION MATCHES
For the 2016 season, the New England Revolution is implementing new security measures in a continuing effort to provide a safe and secure environment for fans. Only clear plastic bags that comply with stadium policy are allowed into Gillette Stadium for all events starting with the first New England Revolution home game on Saturday, March 12. Fans may use the complimentary clear plastic bags provided to Season Ticket Holders, a clear one gallon plastic bag or any other compliant bag to carry “acceptable items" into the stadium. Compliant bags are defined below. In addition, all patrons will be screened by metal detectors at all gates.
Compliant clear plastic bags will be given out at the first New England Revolution home game on Saturday, March 12.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
The Gillette Stadium Clear bag policy requires that bags are no bigger than those described below:
- Bags that are clear (see-through) plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear (see-through) plastic freezer bag
- Small wristlet or handheld wallet, not to exceed 8" x 5" x 2" (approximately the size of a hand), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options
Only one compliant clear bag plus a small clutch bag is allowed for each fan.
Fans will be able to continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium, such as binoculars, cameras, smart phones, jackets, blankets and strollers. Please note battery-powered heated clothing (i.e. jackets and socks) are prohibited.
METAL DETECTORS AT ALL GATES
Metal detectors will be located at all stadium gates. Prior to reaching the metal detectors, fans are asked to remove phones and cameras from their pockets to expedite the screening process. Unlike security procedures fans may be familiar with at the airport, stadium security will not ask fans to remove loose change or keys from their pockets and they won’t need to remove their shoes or belts.
PRIOR TO GAME DAY
Please assist stadium staff by:
- Reviewing the list of prohibited items prior to leaving home. This will assist with a timely entry to the stadium
- Arriving early at the gates
- Following signs and directions given by staff during bag searches and screenings
- More information about security procedures in place at Gillette Stadium for Revolution games can be found here
- To view the Fan Code of Conduct please click here
For gate and kickoff times, please check the Revolution Schedule page and click the 'game information' link for each home match.
Please call 1-877-GET-REVS or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Any item deemed inappropriate by stadium management will not be allowed into the stadium, including but not limited to:
- Bags of any kind except gallon sized clear freezer bags or stadium authorized clear bags measuring 12" x 6" x 12" and women's clutches not to exceed 8" x 5" x 2" (approximately the size of a hand)
- Any type of portable chair or seat, other than those approved for persons with accessibility issues
- Camera cases, binocular cases, laptop bags, backpacks, duffel bags, purses, and any other type of carry item
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kind [including knives]
- Food or beverages [unless the individual is in possession of a letter signed by Kelly Way, Director of Operations, TeamOps LLC]
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
- Fireworks or pyrotechnics
- Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
- Strollers or baby seats except for New England Revolution games
- Folding and/or standalone chairs
- Noisemakers, bullhorns or air horns
- Balloons or beach balls
- Selfie sticks
- Unmanned aircraft/drones
- Hover Boards or Segways
- Seat cushions
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management
No prohibited items will be accepted at the stadium gates for safekeeping. Please leave all prohibited items secured in your vehicle.
The following items may be allowed into the stadium subject to inspection:
- Bags: Only gallon sized clear freezer bags, authorized clear bags measuring 12" x 6" x 12" and women's clutches not to exceed 8" x 5" x 2"
- Cameras: Still cameras are allowed. All video cameras are prohibited. Detachable lenses on still cameras may be detached during inspection. *Note camera lens restrictions apply at all concerts
- Small electronics: Items such as cell phones, personal digital assistants, small transistor radios, iPads, small TV monitors, audio recording equipment, etc. will be allowed into the stadium but may have to be turned on during inspection
- Small flags: Flags with poles less than two feet in length may be allowed into the stadium after inspection
- Banners: Banners may be prohibited due to size or message content
Medical Supplies or Dietary Considerations
Please submit an email at least 48 hours before an event requesting permission to bring in medical supplies or for special dietary needs to Kelly Way at email@example.com. You will hear back within 48 hours of sending your email.