Revolution announces youth team try-out information
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution will hold try-outs for its three Revolution Academy youth teams that compete in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy in the coming weeks.
The Under-14s, which will play in the newly-formed Development Academy U13/14 league in 2013-14, will hold their try-outs on Thursday, June 6.
The Under-18 and Under-16 teams will hold their try-outs on Tuesday, July 2.
All try-outs will be held at the Dana-Farber Field House at Gillette Stadium.
Players born in the following years are eligible to try out: 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000. There is no fee to try out, but all prospective players must register for the try-out as space is limited.
Prospective Under-14 players much register by Tuesday, June 4. Players who have not already registered will not be allowed to try out on June 6.
Under-14 Try-out Information
Thursday, June 6 | Dana-Farber Field House at Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
Birth year 1999: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Birth year 2000: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Prospective Under-16 and Under-18 players must register by Friday, June 28. Players who have not already registered will not be allowed to try out on July 2.
Under-16 and Under-18 Try-out Information
Tuesday, July 2 | Dana-Farber Field House at Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
Birth year 1997: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Birth year 1998: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Important Try-out Information
- Under-14 registration information is available at http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/academy/2013-open-tryouts-u14
- Under-18 and Under-16 registration information is available at http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/academy/2013-open-tryouts-u16
- All players who plan to attend a Revolution Academy try-out session are required to have consent and liability release forms with them, signed by a parent or legal guardian. Players without the necessary signed forms will not be allowed to try out
· All players should arrive at the respective locations 30 minutes before their age-group try-out begins to ensure all required paperwork is in order
- Selected players will be called back for a final round of try-outs several days after the initial try-out.
The Revolution Academy – which is one of the top-rated youth academies in the U.S. and Canada and reviewed by U.S. Soccer – is the only fully-funded youth soccer program in New England and competes in the prestigious U.S. Soccer Development Academy in all three age levels.
Qualified and talented players are accepted into the program without regard to their financial situation. All players’ needs and expenses related to soccer activities – training, facilities, equipment, uniforms, travel associated with competitions – are provided by the Revolution at no cost to the players or their families.
Players who are chosen to represent the Revolution on its youth teams will be required to forgo their high school soccer seasons, as required by U.S. Soccer.
For more information about try-outs or to download the required forms, visit revolutionsoccer.net and click on “Academy” in the blue navigation bar. The Revolution Academy can also be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.